The plug & boot data center in a container
mobull features an innovative combination of containers and fully dedicated mobility technologies to provide the enterprise with as much power as it needs to innovate, to be more competitive and reduce costs –all in less than twelve weeks. With its combined advantages of high density, low energy consumption and ease of installation, mobull makes it possible for the enterprise to fast-track the implementation of the best solutions available for computer simulation, for data processing and for storage.
The design of mobull solutions is inspired by the following principles:
- Extreme power and density, with a small footprint
- Lowest possible start-up investment
- Low consumption of resources
- Rapid and straightforward implementation
- Very flexible installation and evolution
Extreme power and density
The technologies mobull uses make it possible to achieve very high power density, with up to 7 Pflops in an area of just above 30m². A single container can accommodate up to seventeen 19-inch racks:
- Spatial arrangement provides access to six maintenance corridors accessible via doors to the exterior
- Up to 40kW power per rack
Lower investment costs
mobull containers have minimal infrastructure requirements. Whether you are equipping a new data center, or extending the power of an existing facility, using mobull containers overcomes the need for major investments in buildings or to conform to a host of regulatory constraints.
Choice between two cooling technologies
For a perfect fit with local requirements and conditions, mobull is available with two cooling technologies. Each mobull is delivered with its complete cooling infrastructure, as needed:
Free-cooling – an economical method of using low external air temperatures to assist in chilling water, which can then be used to cool the mobull data center. An adiabatic cooling unit is installed alongside the mobull.
Water cooling, based on Bull-designed cooling rack doors. This system is totally independent of the server or storage technologies used.
mobull containers are delivered ready-to-use in about twelve weeks. Requiring very little infrastructure – a simple power supply and some space on a car-park are all that are needed – they are up and running extremely rapidly.
Flexibility and mobility
Thermally insulated, air- and water-tight and robust, mobull containers can be installed inside or outside the company premises, and can even be located in extreme conditions. mobull can bought outright or leased, and can be configured to host new or existing systems:
- Using mobull overcomes the need for significant investments in refurbishing existing premises, or in constructing new machine rooms
- Whether your organization buys or rents mobull, the number of containers can be easily tailored to correspond best to your needs, in the wake of an incident, a sudden increase in system load or a one-off peak in business activity
- Based on standard set-ups, the way your mobull is configured is totally customizable
- An appropriate level of support is provided, in line with your business need, for hardware from Bull and other suppliers
To design and implement the best mobull for your needs:
- Analysis of customer site constraints and definition of physical implementation
- Integration and set-up of data center
- Deployment on customer site
- Maintenance and support